11-9-2021 Kemmerer Gazette Legals
Pursuant to the Wyoming Administrative Procedure Act and the Wyoming Public Service Commission’s (Commission) Procedural Rules and Special Regulations, notice is hereby given of the Application of Rocky Mountain Power (RMP or the Company) for authority to revise Rule 12, as more fully described below.
1. RMP is a public utility as defined in Wyo. Stat. § 37-1-101(a)(vi)(C), subject to the Commission’s jurisdiction pursuant to Wyo. Stat. § 37-2-112.
2. RMP filed its Application on October 14, 2021, requesting authority to modify Rule 12 – Line Extension policy. RMP states that it recently reviewed its Rule 12, Line Extension tariff pursuant to the language contained in Rule 12, Section I.F which provides for a periodic review. The Company last reviewed and filed to revise its Rule 12 in Docket No. 20000-511-ET-17.
3. RMP updated its cost of service to align with the Commission’s May 18, 2021 and June 17, 2021 decision in RMP’s 2020 General Rate Case. Based on the results of its recent review, RMP is proposing to increase the residential extension allowance in Rule 12(II)(A). RMP proposes to increase the allowance for a permanent single residential application from $1,400 to $1,800 and for a residential application in a planned development from $400 to $500. RMP is not proposing any changes to the non-residential allowance at this time because the cost of service review shows no significant change from the prior review.
4. This is not a complete description of the Application. Interested persons may inspect the Application at RMP’s business offices throughout Wyoming and at the Commission’s offices in Cheyenne, Wyoming, during regular business hours.
5. Anyone desiring to file a public comment, statement, intervention petition, protest or request for a public hearing in this matter must file with the Commission in writing on or before November 29, 2021. Any intervention request filed with the Commission shall set forth the grounds of the proposed intervention or request for hearing as well as the position and the interest of the petitioner in this proceeding.
6. If you wish to intervene in this matter or request a public hearing which you will attend and you require reasonable accommodation for a disability, call the Commission at (307) 777-7427 or write to the Commission, 2515 Warren Avenue, Suite 300, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82002. Communications-impaired persons may contact the Commission through Wyoming Relay at 711. Please mention Docket No. 20000-607-ET-21 (Record No. 16957) in your communications.
Dated: October 29, 2021.
PUBLISHED: Nov. 5, 12, 2021 11051
Pursuant to the Wyoming Administrative Procedure Act and the Wyoming Public Service Commission’s (Commission) Procedural Rules, the Commission hereby gives notice of the Application of Rocky Mountain Power (RMP or the Company) for a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity (CPCN) to construct new wind turbines and update collector lines at the existing Foote Creek II-IV Wind Energy Facility as more fully described below:
RMP is a public utility, as defined in Wyo. Stat. §37-1-101(a)(vi)(C), providing retail electric service under certificates of public convenience and necessity issued by the Commission. RMP is subject to the Commission’s jurisdiction pursuant to Wyo. Stat. §37-2-112.
On October 12, 2021, the Company filed an Application together with supporting testimony and exhibits requesting a CPCN to [i] acquire generation plant assets, [ii] construct new wind turbines and associated infrastructure to replace the 64 previously installed wind turbines; [iii] update existing 34.5 kilovolt (kV) collector lines and install new meteorological instrumentation and communication infrastructure; and [iv] make other upgrades, as necessary, including to existing switchgear and controls equipment and limited road realignments necessary for access to new turbine locations, at the existing Foote Creek II-IV project site (the Foote Creek North Project). The Company’s Application included a Petition for Confidential Treatment and Protective Order.
The existing Foote Creek II-IV facilities are owned by Terra-Gen, LLC (Terra-Gen). The Company has negotiated a purchase and sale option agreement (PSOA) with Terra-Gen to acquire all of its interests in the Foote Creek II-IV facilities. The acquisition will allow RMP to construct the Foote Creek North Project, upon Commission approval. RMP will acquire 100 percent of the Foote Creek II-IV wind energy assets and associated interest necessary for the site to become the Foote Creek North Project. The Foote Creek North Project will be co-located with the Company’s adjacent Foote Creek I wind energy project and will share its operation and maintenance facilities and certain site infrastructure. Once the Foote Creek North Project is complete, 100 percent of the output from the Foote North Project will be used to serve the Company’s customers.
In its Application, RMP states that the Foote Creek North Project is a time limited opportunity that provide benefits to customers by [i] making full use of existing Company wind energy lease rights at a previously developed wind energy facility to continue energy production using larger, more efficient turbines; and [ii] qualifying the new wind turbines for federal production tax credits (PTCs), which expire 10 years after a facility’s commercial operation date. To achieve these benefits, the Company estimates construction of the new turbines to be complete by October 2023. The estimated total cost for the Foote Creek North Project is approximately $82 million. RMP intends to finance the Foote Creek North Project through its normal internal and external sources of capital.
This is not a complete description of RMP’s Application. You may review the Application at RMP’s Wyoming offices and at the Commission’s office in Cheyenne, Wyoming, during business hours or online at http://psc.wyo.gov.
Anyone desiring to file a statement, intervention petition, protest or request for a public hearing in this matter must do so, in writing, on or before November 26, 2021. Petitions shall set forth the grounds of the proposed intervention or request for hearing as well as the position and the interest of the petitioner in this proceeding. Please mention Docket No. 20000-606-EA-21 in all correspondence with the Commission.
If you wish to participate in this matter and you require reasonable accommodation for a disability, please contact the Commission at (307) 777-7427, or write to the Commission at 2515 Warren Avenue, Suite 300, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82002, to make arrangements. Communications impaired persons may also contact the Commission by accessing Wyoming Relay at 711.
PUBLISHED: Nov. 2, 9, 2021 11022